Wednesday 2 November 2016

Final Piece Analysis

This is my finished piece on recreating the "Garage" magazine front cover.






This is the original front cover. I chose this example because it seemed not too challenging for my first attempt at using InDesign, but still a challenge nonetheless.











 This is my finished recreation. The whole process took
approximately 3 hours, spread out over 3 different lessons. I believe for my first attempt at using this program, I copied it rather closely. However, there are some elements that show it is not an exact replica.

The most obvious is the difference in size and colour in the masthead. The original was a pale kind of yellow whereas mine is slightly stronger and bolder. The letters are too wide, compared to the original. I could not find the exact font used in the original, therefore this is not as good as it could be.

The image itself is not the original, therefore this version is more pixelated and lower quality.

Other than that, the two are seemingly similar, and I believe this was a decent first attempt at making a magazine front cover on InDesign.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment