Sunday 5 February 2017

My Own Magazine Decisions

For my own magazine, I have decided that I will base it around the music genre of Pop Rock. I have experience in understanding Rock music magazines, as I have analysed multiple aspects of UK Rock & Roll magazine such as it's target audience, front cover, contents page and double page spread. My survey results came back and Rock was voted once out of the 10 responses from my target audience. This shows that there is not a massive demand for rock magazines, however I know that there is a definite audience out there within my target audience demographic that will want one.

Therefore my magazine will be more alternative, such as the Louder Than War magazine. It will not be mainstream like the XXL magazine. My magazine will be aimed towards a niche, somewhat subjective audience that are very specific about their tastes, which in this case is rock music. Despite there not being a high demand for this genre, I will still include the codes and conventions of magazines that I have researched and analysed so far to show good knowledge of magazines.


No comments:

Post a Comment