Sunday 11 December 2016

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

In order to create a good front and contents page for my college magazine in my preliminary task, I undertook research in order to make sure my magazine was conventional, in the sense that it follows the codes and conventions of usual college magazines. To do this, I modelled the template of my own pages on established, existing pages.




 This is the original front page that I modelled mine on. As the construction became more detailed, I decided to stray away from the original model. The masthead of the title at the top is still the same, which is at the top and pushed to the left. However, I changed it slightly by putting the features on the bottom, and not on the left hand side.
























On the left here is the existing college magazine contents page that I intended to model mine on. It is still similar in regards to where everything is, however the details themselves are different, which shows I kept to and followed conventions of college magazines. For example, the contents masthead at the top is in a similar place however mine is slightly centred. The contents themselves are on the right, while the images are on the right, which is the same as the original. However in the original the page numbers are on the left of the contents names, whereas in mine they are on the right. The colour scheme is also similar, which is beneficial because my colour scheme matches the brand identity of the college that this magazine is aimed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment